Religion...Oh yes He's Going There
That's right, I'm acknowledging the elephant in the room, going right for one of the bigger taboo topics in our culture.
First of all, I was brought up in a semi-religious household, so my views of religion may be different. I made my first communion, I went to CCD, sunday school, and a few different churches. Hell I was even in a religious group when for like 3 months when we joined our new church in NJ. My mom gave me the choice of deciding whether to go on with religion after my first communion, and I continued for awhile. But soon thereafter, I decided that that form of religion isn't for me. Actually, religion in any form isn't for me. It's nothing personal, people are free to believe whatever they want to believe. It's neither my place nor my goal to mock anyone's beliefs. I'm here to state my beliefs, nothing more, nothing less.
Religion is made up. Religion is a man made creation, spawned in times when man had no direction or rules. It was something made up to control man into believing there was some all powerful being. Great concept! Actually, religion has performed exceedingly well. People have such devotion to different religions, that they've given up food for religion, sacrificed parts of their day, and entered wars based on religion. That is one of the major problems I have religion, or those that twist religion. You kill base on your religion, isn't that pretty much against religion of all forms? I'm no priest (I don't touch little boys), but churches seem like some of the most hypocritical bunch in the entire world.
I do sound like I'm busting on religion, but this is to set up my point still to come. It really is beautiful that people have faith in such things like religion. Faith that there is an all ominpotent force or being in the universe. And to me, faith is much more important than religion. I'm not a religious person, but I believe in faith. Faith in what you do and what you believe and faith in humanity. Faith is just believing in something so deeply that nothing in the world can change your mind in believing in it. At this point, humanity can survive without religion, but I don't think it can survive without faith. Some will argue that the two come hand in hand, but I don't believe this to be true. Faith is something so deeply embedded in the fabric of who we are, we don't need a piece of paper to tell us to believe in it. I have faith that humanity will overcome the messes we have created to. I don't think you can solve anything without having faith, faith in your own ability, faith in others. and so on and so forth.
I would like to wrap up this by saying that I do believe in a more powerful force in the universe, I mean what would be the point if there wasn't something greater. It would seem like an awful waste of space to have just one planet with beings on it. Faith will guide us, if nothing else.
PS- I'll talk about my beliefs about reincarnation at a later date
First of all, I was brought up in a semi-religious household, so my views of religion may be different. I made my first communion, I went to CCD, sunday school, and a few different churches. Hell I was even in a religious group when for like 3 months when we joined our new church in NJ. My mom gave me the choice of deciding whether to go on with religion after my first communion, and I continued for awhile. But soon thereafter, I decided that that form of religion isn't for me. Actually, religion in any form isn't for me. It's nothing personal, people are free to believe whatever they want to believe. It's neither my place nor my goal to mock anyone's beliefs. I'm here to state my beliefs, nothing more, nothing less.
Religion is made up. Religion is a man made creation, spawned in times when man had no direction or rules. It was something made up to control man into believing there was some all powerful being. Great concept! Actually, religion has performed exceedingly well. People have such devotion to different religions, that they've given up food for religion, sacrificed parts of their day, and entered wars based on religion. That is one of the major problems I have religion, or those that twist religion. You kill base on your religion, isn't that pretty much against religion of all forms? I'm no priest (I don't touch little boys), but churches seem like some of the most hypocritical bunch in the entire world.
I do sound like I'm busting on religion, but this is to set up my point still to come. It really is beautiful that people have faith in such things like religion. Faith that there is an all ominpotent force or being in the universe. And to me, faith is much more important than religion. I'm not a religious person, but I believe in faith. Faith in what you do and what you believe and faith in humanity. Faith is just believing in something so deeply that nothing in the world can change your mind in believing in it. At this point, humanity can survive without religion, but I don't think it can survive without faith. Some will argue that the two come hand in hand, but I don't believe this to be true. Faith is something so deeply embedded in the fabric of who we are, we don't need a piece of paper to tell us to believe in it. I have faith that humanity will overcome the messes we have created to. I don't think you can solve anything without having faith, faith in your own ability, faith in others. and so on and so forth.
I would like to wrap up this by saying that I do believe in a more powerful force in the universe, I mean what would be the point if there wasn't something greater. It would seem like an awful waste of space to have just one planet with beings on it. Faith will guide us, if nothing else.
PS- I'll talk about my beliefs about reincarnation at a later date
3 Comments:
I think you're forgetting that Man is fallible, and thus anything created by man will have flaws in it. When you say "religion" you are criticizing the organized forms that people have tried to adhere to in worshipping God, and not necessarily the being of God himself. Of course there will be faults- of course there will be differences of opinions- which is why there are various factions among the same faith. But faith is not a feeling. Faith is a choice that you make moment by moment. Man's concept of God and "religion" as you put it, will always have gaps and inconsistencies because we are trying to put God into a box we've envisioned. We try to put human characteristics and expectations on a God who knows no limits. Finally, remember that man can create nothing. We can only take the particles, molecules, and atoms and rearrange them. But we cannot make something from nothing. That has to come from a higher power.
By
Amanda Bradley, at 12:15 PM
Or a Mr. Fusion.
By
Jonathan, at 5:59 PM
To me, faith is a more individualized form of "religion". As I stated, I don't believe in religion. Everyone should worship in their own way, afterall, with so many forms of religion who is to say what is right and wrong. If the big guy/girl got off the cloud and pointed me to the right one, I would follow it, but who can say what the right religion is? I realize, you're a religious person, Amanda and I respect that. I don't mean to mock religion or slam it. These are just my beliefs. FAith is a state of being more than a feeling. Happiness is an emotion. Ok, I'm going to go post something new....maaaaaaaybe
By
Ryan Mac, at 9:52 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home