Get Your Kids Out Of The Movies
Ok, so I need to take a break from political rant after political rant. When I talk about those things it gets me all worked up about the future and we all know whenever I mention the word future, I immediately start into my poor "Doc" Brown impression. Anywho, this blog is for any parent that has decided to bring underage kids into rated R movies.
Those warnings are there for your help parents. Maybe it's because a decent amount of people that have kids, shouldn't have kids. You know people that aren't ready for the responsibility of caring for another HUMAN BEING. I for one, know I'm not responsible enough to raise a kid (my 2 fish died this week...granted they were alive for almost 2 years, pretty long for a goldfish).
Jon had a link on his blog that a three year old had choked on popcorn while watching Alien Vs. Predator. Jon had said that that was idiotic. He wasn't making fun of the fact that the child died while choking on popcorn, but rather that the parents put the child in a position where he shouldn't have been hence the child would not have choked. A three year old has no business being in a movie like AVP or movies like it. That child had a parent or parents who didn't have the maturity and level of responsibilty to raise a child.
I have to state that I by no means know the secrets of raising a kid. That would be a ridiculous statement considering I'm 24 years old, and don't even have pictures on the wall in my apartment, but I think I know some things about how NOT to raise a child. Movies with extreme violence and language: probably not the best for children under 5. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Those warnings are there for your help parents. Maybe it's because a decent amount of people that have kids, shouldn't have kids. You know people that aren't ready for the responsibility of caring for another HUMAN BEING. I for one, know I'm not responsible enough to raise a kid (my 2 fish died this week...granted they were alive for almost 2 years, pretty long for a goldfish).
Jon had a link on his blog that a three year old had choked on popcorn while watching Alien Vs. Predator. Jon had said that that was idiotic. He wasn't making fun of the fact that the child died while choking on popcorn, but rather that the parents put the child in a position where he shouldn't have been hence the child would not have choked. A three year old has no business being in a movie like AVP or movies like it. That child had a parent or parents who didn't have the maturity and level of responsibilty to raise a child.
I have to state that I by no means know the secrets of raising a kid. That would be a ridiculous statement considering I'm 24 years old, and don't even have pictures on the wall in my apartment, but I think I know some things about how NOT to raise a child. Movies with extreme violence and language: probably not the best for children under 5. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
1 Comments:
I'll have to agree on that one. I saw Arachnophobia and Polterguist when I was little and they both scared me for life. So there's that, and there's also the language factor too. Kids are gonna repeat what they hear. Apparently after seeing "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" with my parents when I was about 2 years old, I repeated a line from the movie in front of my ultra-conservative grandmother: "You spent forty dollars on F*cking film??" I don't remember this of course, and it was, ironically enough, the only line I repeated from the movie. Kids just say the darndest things.
By
Amanda Bradley, at 4:48 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home