The Individual Online

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Two Michael Moore Books to be Published
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TWO MICHAEL MOORE BOOKS TO BE PUBLISHED
BY SIMON & SCHUSTER IN FALL 2004
Collection of G.I. Letters and
9/11 Reader Timed to Release of Fahrenheit 9/11 DVD
New York, NY, August 19, 2004 – Michael Moore, the acclaimed filmmaker and #1 best-selling author whose latest movie, Fahrenheit 9/11, is the highest-grossing documentary of all time, has reached an agreement with Simon & Schuster to publish a collection of letters written to Mr. Moore by American G.I.s in Iraq. Titled WILL THEY EVER TRUST US AGAIN? Soldiers, Veterans and their Families Write to Michael Moore, the 256-page hardcover book will be priced at $21.00 and will be released in November 2004.
Michael Moore said about the collection: “I'm proud to give voice to the troops who have written to me.”
The book, which was acquired by Simon & Schuster Executive Vice President and Publisher David Rosenthal from Mort Janklow of Janklow & Nesbit, will contain introductory material from Mr. Moore as well as additional commentary throughout. The letters were received by Mr. Moore over the last year, many of them sent to his website.
Also later this year, in conjunction with the release of the DVD of Fahrenheit 9/11, Simon & Schuster will publish a volume containing the full movie transcript as well as supplementary material not included in the final cut of the movie. Entitled THE OFFICIAL FARENHEIT 9/11 READER, the book will be published as a trade paperback original and will be priced at $16.00.
Michael Moore described this book as, “Everything you want to know about Fahrenheit 9/11.” Simon & Schuster, part of the entertainment operation of Viacom Inc., is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and multimedia formats. Its divisions include the Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Simon & Schuster New Media, Simon & Schuster Online, and international companies in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit their website.


As much as I agree with Michael Moore on some things, I do disagree with him on others. See you naysaying Republican friends of mine, I do not just believe everything Michael Moore says. I don't like the idea of him selling letters written to him by troops...I think that they should be available to the American public without Moore making money off of them. Not only would this give them a voice, but would also make Moore seem like he's following statement saying that he doesn't need wealth, etc.
As for the second book...I guess if you don't already have "Stupid White Men" or "Dude, Where's My Country?" then save yourself some money and buy the one book of the transcript and supplemental material...if you have the two books, what's the point? A lot of the material came from those books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home